Carer Support Wiltshire Logo

Here are some carer friendly services you might be interested in

General advice and resources for carers

Wiltshire Council Adult Care Team

0300 456 0111


Your Care Your Support Wiltshire

For information on health and social care in Wiltshire visit the Wiltshire Council You Care Your Support page on their website


Wiltshire Care Services

Search for care homes in Wiltshire on the Care Choices website.


Wiltshire Independent Support and Advice

01380 813393


The Carers Project

01249 474064


Citizens Advice Bureau

03444 111444


Age UK

Information and advice for the over 50’s

Devizes: 01380 735500 Salisbury 01722 335425


Independent Living Centre

Offering impartial advice to elderly and disabled people, providing practical solutions for independent living within the Wiltshire and Bath areas.

01380 871007


The Advocacy People

The Advocacy People services help resolve issues or concerns you may have about your health and wellbeing or your health and social care services. Find out more on The Adocacy People website or phone  0330 440 9000.


Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) – for information on lasting power of attorney

For information on Creating, registering, objecting to or disclaiming a lasting power of attorney or enduring power of attorney visit the Government webpage  or phone 0300 456 0300.


Community groups and activities

Incredible Edible with Dorothy House

Plot to plate community allotment group. Open to those with connections to Dorothy House. Referrals only. Find out more here

Fun 4 All

Visit the Fun 4 All website for monthly events, theatre visits and local outings.

Tel: 01249 654390


Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s

Alzheimers Support

01225 776481


Caring for someone with Parkinson’s Disease

Visit Parkinson’s UK website for more information and support.

0808 8000303



Stroke Recovery Service

The local Stroke Recovery Coordinator provides information, practical advice and emotional support in the aftermath of stroke. Tel: 01722 329053 or email.


Caring for someone with mental health issues

Bipolar UK Carer Telephone Mentoring

Bipolar UK offer a telephone based peer mentoring service that will give you the chance to talk one-to-one with someone else who has supported someone with bipolar. To find out more email or ring 0333 323 4458



Work Wiltshire

Aimed at a range of people including, employers, young people, parents/carers, the Work Wiltshire website has vital employment and skills information for young people, employers, those who are vulnerable, have complex needs or disabilities and people who require financial support.


Parent Carers

Wiltshire Parent Carer Council (WPCC)

Support and activities for parent carers of children and young people aged 0 – 25 years, who have Special Educational Needs and/ or Disabilities (SEND).

Caring for pets – Cinnamon Trust

Cinnamon Trust run a national fostering service for pets whose owner faces a spell in hospital. They also provide a volunteer dog walking service – ideal for those unable to take their dog for a walk, or for those who don’t have a pet, but would benefit from the break and companionship a walk would provide. Find out more by ringing 01736 757900 or visit their website.


Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution

RABI is the national charity for the farming community. They have a free helpline for grants assistance enquiries: 0808 281 9490