Make a difference to carers in Wiltshire
Your donation – whether it’s small or large – will make a difference to the lives of unpaid carers across Wiltshire. You can choose to make a one-off donation or set-up a monthly gift. Make a donation today via our Just Giving page.
John cares for his wife who has complex physical health issues including osteoarthritis and short term memory loss caused by a stroke. John felt that his wife was not getting the support she needed and he took it all on himself. Finding time and allowing himself a break was proving hard and John was missing his friends and fly fishing.
With help from us he now has a regular break for three hours a week which he is using to enjoy his old hobby. When told, John was over the moon,
“This has come at just the right time for me – thank you so much for this good news. You don’t know how much difference this will make to me”.
Where your money goes
Here are some more examples of how we use donations we receive:
- £10 could cover an hour of staff time manning our carer helpline
- £20 could provide a trip to the cinema for two Young Adult Carers to enjoy time with their friends and a break from their caring role.
- £30 means that an older male carer can attend a cookery class to learn vital cookery skills, meet others in a similar situation to them and learn how to prepare healthy and nutritious food to be enjoyed with friends and family for years to come.
- £50 will help a carer who feels isolated and lonely a vital break from their caring role, whether that’s going swimming, taking the kids to a football match or going to an art class with friends.
- £100 could help a carer on the brink of crisis speak to a trained counsellor.
“Carer Support Wiltshire have been fantastic. They were able to help me access the support I needed so that someone could come and sit with mum for three hours a week. It gives me space and time for myself.” Joy who cares for her mum.
There are many ways you can make a positive difference to the lives of people who are caring for others now. Scroll down to see all of the ways you can donate today…
Make a one-off donation
Make a one-off donation using our JustGiving page or text giving. However big or small, your donation will make a positive difference to the life of someone who is caring.
If you are able to commit to a regular gift, these enable us to plan ahead and make long term improvements to the support we can offer unpaid carers in Wiltshire. Set up your regular donation below.
Play our weekly lottery and give yourself a chance of winning a £25,000 prize while helping to support unpaid carers in Wiltshire and Dorset. There are also smaller prizes to be won each week.
Give As You Live
Give As You Live is the free and easy way to raise money for Carer Support Wiltshire when you shop online with 4,500+ stores. You can raise hundreds of pounds from your everyday shopping, all at no extra cost to you.
Recycle 4 Charity
Did you know that you can help us raise funds simply by recycling your ink cartridges via our Recycle4Charity programme? For each ink cartridge recycled via the programme we will receive up to £2.