Who we can help
We help unpaid carers of all ages who are caring for someone who lives in Wiltshire or who is registered with a Wiltshire based GP.
If you are a young carer under 18 or would like to know about young carers visit our Young Carers website.
If you are aged 18-25 visit YACbook for support and information for young adult carers
How we can help
We will work with you, health and social care providers, as well as colleagues in other charities across Wiltshire to find the support that’s right for you. Our support workers will work alongside you to build on the positives, help improve your wellbeing, and build a positive future for you and the person you care for.
We can offer you:
- Information, advice and signposting to support services.
- Free training courses to help you in your caring role – read our resource page on training.
- Days out, activities, support groups, carers cafes, support groups, pampering and complementary therapy sessions – have a look at our ‘what’s on’ page to see what events we have available*
- Breaks from your caring role
- Opportunities to get involved and shape services – find out more about our carer involvement.
- Advice and support to prepare you for a return to work
- Our Courage to Care project supports those caring within a military family – read more about Courage to Care
- Ongoing support for up to 18 months when your circumstances change
- A twice yearly newsletter and what’s on guide with all of our support groups, carer cafes and days out listed
- A monthly e-newsletter delivered to your inbox to keep you connected with news, what’s on locally and information on services and support available. Sign up to the newsletter.
- You can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
*Please note at the time of updating this webpage July 2021, we have started to offer face to face cafes again to carers.
Visit our information hub
for information, advice and links to additional support.
If you would like to talk to someone you can contact us on 0800 181 4118.
If you require any of the information here in larger print, or an alternative language please get in touch.