Wiltshire Libraries – Services for Carers
In Wiltshire the Library Service is very aware that carers may find it very difficult to access libraries as often as other people might be able to, so they have some extra services especially in place
- Apply for a Carer’s Library Card which lets you keep books for six weeks instead of the usual three weeks
- Make requests for books free of charge
- Books and audiobooks delivered to your home, if you cannot easily get to a library because you are an unpaid carer
- Discover our Reading Well books that give practical support and help if you are caring for someone with a long term physical health condition, dementia or mental health needs.
- We also have a list (Shelf Help) for young people with books that can help deal with difficult feelings and experiences that affect wellbeing.
- Drop into one of our shared reading groups and ‘feel better with a book’
- Access the Mobile Library service that visits more rural parts of the county
For more information about any of these services and mobile library stops in the county contact any Wiltshire library, email: email@example.com Tel. 01225 713706 (Carolyn Kennedy – Access and Volunteer Development Manager.