Make a difference to carers in Wiltshire
Your donation – whether it’s small or large – will make a difference to the lives of unpaid carers across Wiltshire. You can choose to make a one-off donation or set-up a monthly gift. Make a donation today via our Just Giving page.
John cares for his wife who has complex physical health issues including osteoarthritis and short term memory loss caused by a stroke. John felt that his wife was not getting the support she needed and he took it all on himself. Finding time and allowing himself a break was proving hard and John was missing his friends and fly fishing.
With help from us he now has a regular break for three hours a week which he is using to enjoy his old hobby. When told, John was over the moon,
“This has come at just the right time for me – thank you so much for this good news. You don’t know how much difference this will make to me”.
Where your money goes
Here are some more examples of how we use donations we receive:
- £10 could cover an hour of staff time manning our carer helpline
- £20 could provide a trip to the cinema for two Young Adult Carers to enjoy time with their friends and a break from their caring role.
- £30 means that an older male carer can attend a cookery class to learn vital cookery skills, meet others in a similar situation to them and learn how to prepare healthy and nutritious food to be enjoyed with friends and family for years to come.
- £50 will help a carer who feels isolated and lonely a vital break from their caring role, whether that’s going swimming, taking the kids to a football match or going to an art class with friends.
- £100 could help a carer on the brink of crisis speak to a trained counsellor.
“Carer Support Wiltshire have been fantastic. They were able to help me access the support I needed so that someone could come and sit with mum for three hours a week. It gives me space and time for myself.” Joy who cares for her mum.
There are many ways you can make a positive difference to the lives of people who are caring for others now. Scroll down to see all of the ways you can donate today…
Make a one-off donation online using our JustGiving page. However big or small, your donation will make a positive difference to the life of someone who is caring.
Post your donation
We are happy to receive your donation by post, or you can set up a direct debit by downloading the form you’ll find by clicking below and sending it back to us.
A regular gift will enable us to plan ahead and make long term improvements to the support we can offer unpaid carers in Wiltshire.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know – same products, same prices – but with a difference. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible purchases to carers every time you shop.
Simply login to your Amazon account, select us as your chosen charity, and start shopping! This can be set up on a phone app too.
Give As You Live
Give As You Live is the free and easy way to raise money for Carer Support Wiltshire when you shop online with 4,500+ stores.
You can raise hundreds of pounds from your everyday shopping, all at no extra cost to you. Shops include: Boots, M&S, John Lewis, Tesco, Not on the High Street, Boden, Waterstones and more!
200 Club Lottery
Our 200 Club is a mini lottery draw held every month with half the takings going to help support unpaid carers, and the other half being given out as cash prizes.
It’s a fun and easy way to help us raise money and support even more carers. An entry costs £5 and first prize is 30% of that month’s takings.