Carer Support Wiltshire Logo

Thank you

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. It’s great that you have taken that first step towards getting some support in your caring role.

As you are under 16, or the person you are referring is, you will need to contact Wiltshire Council to register for a young carer assessment. You can doing this by calling 0300 4560108 or emailing

When calling or emailing you will need to let them know:

  • Names, Dates Of Birth, address and contact numbers of your family;
  • Who you look after and how this might be affecting you- you can tell them if you feel stressed, worried or anxious and want to talk to someone or have practical help or a break from looking after your family member.
  • You can tell them if anyone knows about your caring role and is helping you or your family. This might be your school or a person like a social worker or paid carer.

If all that sounds a bit scary and you’re not sure you can give us a call on 0800 181 4118 and we can talk you through everything.

Further Support

You may find the below resources useful, have a read through and see if any apply to you.

If you care for someone, you are not alone

Take a quick quiz to find out how we can help!

Take the quiz

The truth about being a young carer

Read our myth buster about the truth about being a young carer


Looking after your mental wellbeing

Being a young carer can be tough. But there are some great resources out there to help you cope.

View resources