‘Self-care’ has become one of those trendy words that you might have seen everywhere from social media, YouTube videos or in magazines. Self-care basically means looking after yourself, something we often forget to do in our busy lives. Especially if you’re looking after someone else, it can be hard to find time and juggle school and caring, but it’s really important to take some time for yourself.
Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do to be able to care for someone else. Read our tips and ideas below on the little things you can do to take care of yourself and maybe make you feel better if your feeling a bit low.
Here are some ideas to try –
- Go for a bike ride or a walk.
- Take a break from social media and read a book or colour a drawing.
- Stare at the stars or the moon (this is one of my favourite things to do!)
- Drink your favourite hot drink with marshmallows in it
- Play your favourite music and zone out on your bed or in the bath
- Write down five things that you like about yourself – inside and out.
- Re-watch a feel good film.
- Stroke or play with a cute animal or if you have a dog, take it out for a walk.
- Have a long hot shower and sing to your heart’s content.
- Dance! But maybe wait until your in your bedroom to do that.
Maybe washing your hair makes you feel better? Or maybe it’s painting your nails, reading a book, playing a game of football or talking to your friends. What comes to mind when you think about looking after yourself? Remember it can be anything, as long as it makes you feel good. Take some time out for yourself and see how good you feel!