National Survey to Support Unpaid Carers
The Carers Trust will be doing a piece of work later in the year which will aim to highlight: –
- the UK’s broken social care system,
- the failure of successive Westminster-based governments to properly fund social care,
- the severe pressure this is putting on millions of unpaid carers,
- what support unpaid adult carers need so they can continue in their caring role without becoming isolated, exhausted and at risk financially.
In order to do this work and make its case, Carers Trust needs information from across the county to inform this work. Carers Trust wants to be able to say they have heard from unpaid adult carers across the UK, who have said: –
- what government support unpaid carers need to continue in their caring role,
- and what sort of reform of the social care system will support carers like you most effectively.
To gather this collective voice, Carers Trust is running a survey which will give them the information they need.
Carers Trust wants to primarily target Westminster Government and decision-makers of the UK government. The more carers that take the survey, the more powerful the findings will be that they present to decision-makers.
The survey will close at 10pm on Sunday 18th October 2020.