With the UK practicing self isolation and social distancing, sometimes escapism from the current situation is something we can all do with for our wellbeing. Podcasts are one great way of doing that. Take a quiet moment and listen with who you look after, or put your headphones on and make doing the dishes a little more fun. Find our top 5 podcasts for carers below:
- Who Cares WinsSpecifically about carers and caring, Who Cares Wins shares the stories, wisdom and experience of people who have been caring for a loved one across the UK. Great for carers who want to hear the experiences of others and perhaps learn something along the way.
- Feel Better, Live More Hosted by GP and author, Dr Rangan Chatterjee, in his podcast we hear from leading health experts with life-hacks, expert advice and common myth debunking. Aiming to transform the way we feel inside and out, this could be a great listen for those wanting to focus on their health in these uncertain times.
- Pod-Ability Aimed at parent carers and families of disabled children, Pod-Ability explores the complex challenges facing them, along with in-depth discussions, practical tips and signposting. Great for parent carers to hear the experiences of others in similar situations.
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin Hosted by Gretchen Rubin, author of several bestselling books on self-help and happiness, it’s no surprise her podcast ‘Happier’ hosted with her sister is so successful. Listen for tips on self love, creating good habits and overall a chance to break away from the news and be uplifted and inspired.
- Terrible, Thanks for AskingTerrible, Thanks for Asking doesn’t give any small talk, instead it’s hosts deal with death, loss and coming through trauma. Saturated with love and humor, this podcast discusses the way painful experiences can connect us to each other, which might be exactly what you need in a time where life can feel quite apart.