- A husband looking after his wife who is battling cancer.
- A daughter caring for a mother with a dementia diagnosis
- A son juggling his studies with caring for his mother who suffers from mental ill health
- A daughter who helps her parents look after her brother who has autism
- A mother looking after a child with a disability
Illness, disability, old age; there are many reasons why 3 in 5 of us will look after a loved one and become carers at some point in our lives.
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a family member or friend who could not always manage without their support. They might look after someone with a physical disability, long term health condition, mental health issue or a problem with substance misuse.
Carer Support Wiltshire supports all carers in Wiltshire.
If you look after someone, register with us today for information and support that could make things a little easier.